A roof is responsible for a lot of things, from withstanding severe weather like hail and snow to keeping the living space comfortable and safe. A roof replacement is often an expensive venture, and while prices of metal roofing are more significant than traditional asphalt shingles, the material is expected to hold out against elements better and last longer. In this article, a hail damage to roof expert compares the upfront costs of a metal roof with its long-term value.
How Much Does Metal Roofing Cost?
The actual price per square — which, in roofing terms, refers to 100 square feet of roofing material — of a metal roof depends on the type of roof you select. For example, metal shingles can cost between $7.50 to $11 per square foot including the installation. Meanwhile, standing seam metal roofing generally costs between $9 to $14 per square foot.
Factors That Affect Metal Roofing Costs
How does one estimate the cost of metal roofing? It depends on several factors:
- the thickness of the metal roof
- type and quality of the paint finish
- the unique shape and other details
- size of the home
A standard single-family house requires between 1,500 to 2,000 square feet of metal roofing. With these factors in mind, it is safe to assume that a new roof will cost between $15,000 to $22,000.
How Does Metal Roofing Add Value to Your Home?
A roof insurance claim contractor knows that more and more people are opting to install metal roofing because of its remarkable benefits. Here are some of the most exciting benefits to look forward to:
- It lasts longer than other roofing materials. A well-maintained metal roofing is expected to last over 50 years. This lifespan is significantly longer than the 20-year expected lifespan of traditional asphalt shingles.
- It offers better protection. Apart from denting here and there, a metal roof can withstand severe storm, hail and wind damage. It also holds out much better against the ultraviolet rays of the sun.
- It is energy-efficient. A metal roof forms an airtight seal and provides superior insulation to a home. Since metal roofing is energy-efficient, it helps cut down on monthly utility bills.
- It requires minimal maintenance. Finally, metal roofing will save you on expensive repairs in the future. It is also easier to clean due to the lack of dips and slopes. Water runoff is much more effective with a metal roof.
If you are looking for a “roofer near me,” turn to Steinmeyer Roofing, Inc. We are a premier source of residential metal roofing solutions, such as repair, installation and maintenance, in Urbana, IL, and the surrounding communities. Our top-rated team is committed to providing the comfort and efficiency every homeowner needs through industry-leading products and outstanding customer service. Call us today at (217) 202-4158 or fill out our contact form to request a free, no-obligation estimate.